Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bed Head Ego Boost Leave-in Conditioner

I was shopping around a few weeks before school started and I was looking for a new leave-in conditioner that could be used in place of my Moroccanoil, since it's not available here in Hong Kong (or is it? If you know, drop me a comment and let me know!) and I found the Bed Head Ego Boost Split-End Mender Leave-in Conditioner. It's a mouthful of a name for sure, and the bottle it comes in is just as attention-catching.


As you can see it comes in a hot pink plastic bottle with a bright green pump (pictured below). The bottle itself is rather large and clunky because of the shape, so it's not the best for traveling because it wouldn't fit very well into your suitcase or toiletries bag. I'm not really planning to travel with it, though, so that fact is one is that I can neglect.


As for the actual product itself, it's a white liquid with a thin, almost gel-like consistency. It's supposed to be applied to damp hair and I think it coats the hair quite well and soaks in easily, leaving behind no residue. It makes your hair smell a bit like you just got back from the salon, which is a scent that I personally love but I know that some others dislike. It's not very strong, though, and does go away quite quickly so your hair won't smell like that for the whole day.

I definitely notice a difference in my hair when I use this. When my hair dries it feels softer and smoother than it would otherwise, and it's much easier to comb out. Throughout the day it retains that initial shine and softness, and though it doesn't prevent your hair from getting tangled I feel like it makes your hair easier to brush out if it's gotten knotty throughout the day. I also have noticed that I haven't been getting split ends since I started using this, so that's something I'm very grateful for!

That being said, I don't think this can take the place of my Moroccanoil. I don't think it penetrates as well as an oil and it seems to extend the amount of time it would normally take for my hair to dry, since I apply it when my hair is still damp. I suspect that this wouldn't prove to be as useful for those with severely dry and damaged hair, though people with that hair type might be interested in trying this out anyway since it worked quite well for me! I have dry hair that is relatively undamaged since I rarely use heat on it.

Have you tried this or any other Bed Head products? Which leave-in conditioners would you recommend?

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like such a lovely product! Great review <3 xo

    ReplyDelete