Thursday, September 27, 2012

Inglot Liquid Eyeliner #25

I first heard about Inglot about a year ago through xsparkage on YouTube and have wanted desperately to try the brand since! It was really difficult to find though, because they don't sell it here in Hong Kong and I wasn't visiting any of the nearer countries that Inglot is available in (ex. Singapore, Malaysia) anytime soon. For spring break, however, I went to New York and finally found Inglot in Times Square! I picked up a lot of things there, including an eyeshadow and blush palette which I'll feature soon, but today I wanted to talk about one of their liquid eyeliners that I picked up.





One of the colors I picked up was #25, which is a very matte, very dark black color. Right off the bat I really liked the packaging - it was simple and even though it's not the prettiest packaging ever, it's very practical and the handle of the eyeliner allowed me to apply the liquid liner effortlessly and steadily. The eyeliner comes with a felt tip that is a little hard on first application but after a while it softens (but only slightly!) so it doesn't feel so sharp when you apply it.

The formula goes on very smoothly and is extremely pigmented, which unfortunately also means that if you make a mistake it's very noticeable. It's quite wet, which some people like and others hate but I personally don't mind. As long as it dries quickly, which this does, it doesn't matter to me how wet the formula is.

I'm not totally sure whether this is supposed to be waterproof but if it is, it doesn't live up to that claim. It's very long-wearing, certainly, but it's not water proof or even water resistant. It will wash off if you get caught in the rain or if you cry, but because I use this on an everyday basis and not for occasions where I know there's a risk of my makeup getting washed off, that's ignorable for me. It does come off a bit easier than I'd want if you rub at your eye, but I don't touch my eyes a lot anyway so that's okay. I do wish it did have better staying power, though, because on longer days it can start to imprint on my lid. Overall I do like it though and would definitely repurchase it!

Have you tried any of Inglot's liquid eyeliners? What do you think about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment