Monday, September 17, 2012

Ten Products I Would Repurchase!

This is a tag I've seen going around a lot of beauty blogs and YouTube channels recently, and as far as I know this was started by missglamorazzi. I think this is a really fun tag and it's really interesting to see which ten things other people would repurchase! Basically the idea of this tag is, if you lost all your makeup (in some kind of freak accident, I assume), which ten items would you repurchase first?

The first five items were kind of a no brainer for me, but the last five were definitely more difficult to decide. Ultimately, though, I settled!


  1. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: I was deciding between this and the original Naked palette, but ultimately I picked the Naked 2 because the colors in it are much cooler and suit my skin tone more. Plus, it includes a creamy yellow color that matches my skin so for days when I don't feel like wearing a lot of eyeshadow, I can just sweep that over my lids for a nude base. 
  2. Urban Decay Primer Potion: The first thing I chose for this tag. My skin is extremely oily so I need a good eyeshadow primer or anything I put on my eyes creases like crazy! While the consistency isn't my favorite, it is the primer that lasts the longest on me. 
  3. Tarte emphasEYES for Brows: I'm not sure what color I wear as it's not printed on the packaging, so I'm sorry for not including it! Anyway, this is my favorite brow pencil because it's creamy and lasts for ages. The color matches my hair perfectly now that it's darker and I love the way it applies. Plus, it has a little spoolie at the end so it's really convenient!
  4. Make Up For Ever HD Foundation: I don't always wear foundation, but for days when I do, I find myself reaching for this a lot. It looks amazing in photos and I usually only wear foundation for occasions when I know pictures will be taken, so this is obviously a product I love. The coverage and staying power is amazing as well, and it matches my skin perfectly! I use the color #118.
  5. Laura Mercier Matte Translucent Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder Shine Control: That may just be the longest name I will ever type. This powder is a light green color in the pan, but once it's on the skin it's translucent for sure and absolutely beautiful as both a setting powder and a blotting powder. It absorbs the oil on my face and keeps it at bay for long periods of time, and even though I carry this around with me everywhere, I don't usually have to touch up more than once or twice a day.
  6. MAC Brow Set: There's not much to say about this. It's just a clear brow gel, but it's the one that keeps my hairs in place for the longest, which is why I like it so much.
  7. Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner (Perversion): I love these liquid liners. I never use pencil liner and gel liner is a bit of a hassle with the brush and all, so liquid liners are really the easiest option for me. I love these because they're extremely pigmented and last all day. They're not really waterproof, not for me, but they're water resistant enough that I don't mind. 
  8. Eyeko Fat Brush Mascara: This is exactly what it sounds like. The brush is absolutely massive but the formulation is amazing and makes this a dream to apply. It's the only mascara that holds my curl really well AND it gives me both length and a ton of volume. I didn't expect to love this, but I absolutely do and would repurchase it again in a heartbeat.
  9. Dior Addict Lipstick in 414 Crystal Gold: This is the perfect every day color for me because it's a beautiful gold with a hint of shimmer. It's a bit of a unique twist to a nude color and suits me perfectly, as well as any look I do on the eyes. Though it doesn't last for ages on the lips, I don't mind reapplying. It's expensive, yes, but well worth the price, if you ask me.
  10. Dior Rosy Glow blush: Blush is easily one of my favorite things and I have a rather extensive collection (cough) so this was a hard item to choose, but ultimately I decided on my Rosy Glow! I think the claim that it adjusts to suit your skin tone is not a gimmick but actually works. On me, this is a lovely natural light pink color that pairs well with almost every look I do. Its color also changes depending on how much you build it up, so it's very versatile.  
So that's everything I would repurchase if I lost all my makeup! Have you guys done a blog post/video like this? What ten items would you run out and repurchase first?

No comments:

Post a Comment