Thursday, October 4, 2012

September 2012 Favorites!


bareMinerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer
Make Up For Ever HD Primer
MAC Briar Rose Beauty Powder (limited edition - sorry guys!)
EOS Lemon Drop Lip Balm
The Body Shop Brow and Lash Gel
Tarana Tarantino Broken Doll Eye Dream Highlight Hyperliner
Clinique Shy Honey Almost Lipstick
Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path Eau de Toilette

Some of the products here are quite old, such as the BBW Moonlight Path and the brow gel from TBS. Rest assured, they haven't gone bad and are still working as well as ever. I love Moonlight Path for fall/winter because it's one of the few muskier scents that I really enjoy, especially because it's quite light which makes it perfect for day or night. I used to hate the brow gel from the Body Shop because I thought it didn't really help to keep my brows in place at all but I realized at the beginning of the month that that was because I wasn't using it right (whoops). 

I love the Tarana Tarantino liner for my lower waterline because it really helps to open up my eyes and as a high school junior I need all the help I can get to look more awake! The Clinique lipstick is really more like a tinted lip balm, it has less color than the Revlon Lip Butters but is more moisturizing and wears really comfortably. When I'm not wearing that I've been just using my EOS lip balm, an old favorite of mine, to keep my lips hydrated as we move into the colder months. 

I bought the Prime Time eyelid primer a few months ago when bareMinerals first opened a counter here in Hong Kong and I didn't really use it much until last month, but since then I've loved it! It goes on colorless and feels very smooth and velvety on my lids in addition to keeping my shadows in place all day. I don't think it helps as much as other primers in the way of making the shadows pop, though. I've been using my HD primer recently as it gets colder because it gives my skin a little boost of hydration which is much needed in the fall/winter months. I've photographed just a small sample bottle I got when I purchased my Aqua Rouges (reviewed here). Finally, my Briar Rose beauty powder is one of my favorite blushers for fall because it's a bit of a deeper rose color but isn't too dark for my skin tone, so it's a great transition color into the cooler months. 

What were some of your favorite products in September?

No comments:

Post a Comment