Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dot by Marc Jacobs


Being familiar with my love of perfume, my friend gifted me this new fragrance by Marc Jacobs on my birthday in August. The only other perfume I'd tried from the line was the Daisy Eau So Fresh one, which I absolutely love, but I've always adored the packaging of his perfumes. I initially thought that this perfume was inspired by ladybugs, especially given the packaging, but supposedly it was inspired by Jacobs' love  of polka dots.


The top notes of this perfume are red berries, dragon fruit, and sweet honeysuckle, followed by jasmine, coconut water, and orange blossom. It's rounded out with base notes of vanilla, driftwood, and a sensual musk. On me this scent tends towards the fruity and sweet notes, and I don't really get much of the floral even after this has been on my skin for a few hours. I love that, though, because floral scents are not usually my cup of tea but floral/sweet ones are right up my alley. The thing that I love most about the fragrance is that it lasts ages on me. Usually my problem with perfumes is that none of them stay on my skin for very long so I have to bring around a sample size to touch it up throughout the day, but with this one I don't have to.

I'm also in love with the packaging. It's not for everyone and I can understand that, but to me it's fun and girly. It can be a little bulky and it's definitely not portable, but I don't usually bring perfumes around with me when I travel, and if I do they're sample sizes, so that doesn't matter much to me. It looks pretty on my shelf and that's all I need to know!

Have you tried Dot? What do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment