Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stain

I first heard about YSL's new line of lip stains/lipsticks from FleurDeForce a few months ago. Having only ever admired my mother's impressive collection of their lipsticks, I had never owned one myself. Luckily my mother shares my love for new lip products so when I told her about the release we rushed over to a YSL counter as soon as we had time and we both fell in love with these products almost instantly!



These are some of the most intensely pigmented, long-wearing lip formulas I've ever had the pleasure of testing out. They come in gorgeous packaging with the signature gold top and YSL logo as well as a heart-shaped doefoot applicator which makes using these extremely easy. My problem as I type this post up is that I'm not quite sure what to call them - their name implies a wet lip stain formula, but I find these more like liquid lipsticks in terms of color payoff and texture, though these do have the staying power of a lip stain. That's probably why I love them so much though. Intensely pigmented as they are, they glide on your lips almost effortlessly and feel slick and glossy but not sticky. They last ages as well! I wore one of these to a party a few weeks ago and it lasted the whole night, which included a meal, and still looked the same as it did when I first applied it even after the event was over.


L to R: #11, #14, #15, #19


These come in so many different colors that range from deep plummy shades to bright reds and fuchsias, and cover everything in between. Beautiful to wear and beautiful to look at, what else could you ask for? These were everything I expected them to be and more. I don't think I can say enough good things about them! If you haven't tried these out, I highly recommend checking them out at a counter next time you're near one. They are pricey, but in my opinion they're completely worth the splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment